Residency and Award Conditions
1. Each winner will receive 4 weeks free residency at mutually agreed dates. Four weeks cannot be split and must be taken within 12 months of the Award Winners announcement (ie before 19 April 2018), unless there are special circumstances. In that case, this period can be extended at BigCi's discretion.
2. BigCi provides shared accommodation and work spaces for creative and professional development in a beautiful and tranquil environment, as well as artist support and project facilitation. The residency includes accommodation, work space, the use of shared living facilities, bathroom, kitchen, internet, electricity, water.
3. Artists will be responsible for all other costs including food, transport, travel expenses, insurance and art materials. Notes on how to prepare for the BigCi residency will be supplied in due course.
4. Due to the remote location of BigCi, a car is strongly recommended. If this is not possible, we offer pick up from the nearest train station at Richmond and a weekly food shopping trip.
5. Each winner will receive AUD$2,000 spending money that can be used at artist’s discretion. The AUD$2,000 is available only to the artists who complete all 4 weeks of the residency. This amount will be paid as follows: AUD$500 on arrival to BigCi, AUD$1000 at the end of week 2 (middle of the residency), and AUD$500 at the end of the residency. Any costs associated with damage, extraordinary cleaning or incomplete de-installation will be deducted from that amount.
6. ARTFLIGHT will provide up to AUD$2,000 in subsidies for selected artists towards costs of air travel to Sydney for their residency. To be eligible, artist must be living interstate (outside of NSW) or overseas and indicate on the application form their departure and return airport location.
The subsidy amount for each artist will depend on the artist’s travel distance and will be determined by the ARTFLIGHT Selection Panel. The panel’s decision is final.
The subsidy will be provided at the beginning of the BigCi Environmental Award Residency upon receipt of the flight ticket.
7. The Award judges’ decision is final. The judges reserve the right not to give any awards if they are not satisfied with the quality of the submissions.
8. No partners or children are allowed into the residency.
9. This award does not cover artistic collaborators. If collaboration is required by the nature of the project, the collaborating artists will need to submit separate applications for a self-funded BigCi residency, see http://bigci.org/artist-residency. Their residency must be undertaken at the same time as the winner’s.